- CBSE results for the 10th standard are to be announced today at noon
- Students can check their results via simple steps
- If students are unhappy with their results they will be allowed to give physical exams when the situation is conducive
After the results for class 12th were declared, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has said that the results for the 10th standard will be announced today at noon.
The education board has announced that for class 10, the authorities will include 40% marks from the pre-board examinations of students, 30% marks will be included from their half-yearly or mid-term examinations, 20% from an internal assessment carried out by schools and 10% from periodic or unit tests.
Students who will be unhappy with their results will be allowed to take the physical exams when the situation is conducive. More than 21 lakh (2.1 million) students were slated to appear for class 10th CBSE board exams and close to 14 lakh (1.4 million) for class 12th CBSE board exams, the official data showed.
The student’s roll number will be needed in order to check the board results, however, since the exams were cancelled this year, the admit card that mentions the roll numbers was not issued.
The CBSE has released a “roll number finder” for students of class 10th so that they will be able to check their results.
To find the roll number follow these simple steps:
- Visit cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/cbse.html
- On the homepage, click on ‘Roll number finder’
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Select the class — class 10 or class 12
- Enter your name, name of mother and father and your date of birth
- Click on the search button
- Your roll number will appear on the screen
The students are required to keep their roll numbers handy.
This is the first time that the education board will release the results without holding the exams.