Eastern Railways, a zone of Indian Railways is inviting eligible and interested candidates through Railway Recruitment Cell to fill in around 3,000 posts across different trades and different locations.
In the notification of Eastern Railways Recruitment 2020, it is inviting candidates to fill in apprentice posts in trades such as Fitter, Welder, Mechanic, Wireman, Lineman, Carpenter, Blacksmith and others. The selected candidates will be posted in different divisions and workshops of the Eastern Railways.
The application process will begin on the 14th of February 2020 and will end on the 13th of March 2020 according to the notification issued for ER Recruitment 2020.
PS: All the abbreviations will be available at the end of the article.
Check the detailed information for the recruitment:
Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020: Eligibility Criteria
According to the notification, the minimum age of the candidate at the time of submitting the application should be 15 years and the maximum should be 24 years.
However, there will be relaxation for some categories.
- For SC/ST, the upper age limit will be exceeded by 5 years
- For OBC, the upper age limit will be exceeded by 3 years
- For PWBD, the upper age limit will be exceeded by 10 years
- There will be relaxation in age for candidates belonging to the ex-serviceman category as well.
The candidate who wishes to apply for this job should have passed 10th standard or its equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate and from a recognised board. Additionally, he/ she must possess a National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by NCVT/ SCVT (National Council of Vocational Training/ State Council of Vocational Training).
However, the notification also directs that the minimum educational qualification will be 8th pass from along with National Trade Certificate in the notified field issued by NCVT/ SCVT for the following trades:
- Welder (G & E)
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Painter (General)
Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020: Fees
In order to apply for the apprentice post, a candidate will have to pay Rs. 100 which will be non-refundable and will have to be made online via the “Payment Gateway.
The payment can be done by either Internet Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit card or others. Additionally, if any transaction charges are incurred while making the payment, the candidate will have to bear it wholly.
However, the notification states that candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWBD will not have to pay the application fees. In addition to this, Women candidates will be exempted from application fees as well.
Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020: Pay Scale
Selected candidates will receive monthly stipend following the Apprenticeship norms.
Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
|S.No.||Particulars||Date and Time|
|1||Start of online application Process||14th February 2020 at 10:00 AM|
|2||Closure of online application Process||13th March 2020 at 06:30 PM|
|3||Probable date of display of list of selected candidates||30th March 2020|
Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020: How To Apply And Selection Process
All the applications will be submitted online only and the selection will be done on the basis of the merit.
How To Apply To Apprenticeships for Eastern Railways:
- Visit the official website of Railway Recruitment Cell at http://rrcer.com/
- Click on Notice Board and search for “Online Application for Apprenticeship for the Year 2019-2020”
- The candidate will have to register themselves through this window.
- Once registered, a candidate can log in through the same link. After login candidates should carefully fill the relevant columns especially regarding their category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS) and PWD.
- There will be certain documents that will be required in order to fill the application form online like Candidates Scanned Photos (JPG/ JPEG format), Scanned Signature and LTI (JPG/ JPEG format), Mark sheet of required standard [either 8th or 10th depending on trade he/ she applying for (PDF format)], Certificate of Proof of Age, Certificate from NCVT/ SCVT (PDF format), Community Certificate for his/ her category (PDF format), and if applicable PwBD Certificate (PDF format).
Selection Process for Apprenticeships for Eastern Railways:
- Selection will be done on the basis of merit for all the eligible candidates
- A separate merit list will be prepared for the candidate applying trades which requires a minimum qualification of 10th standard on the basis of average marks scored in matriculation and ITI examinations.
- For candidates applying for trades where minimum qualification is 8th standard, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of average scores in 8th standard and ITI examinations irrespective of if the candidate has completed 10th standard.
- If in case candidates have scored the same marks, the candidate who will be older will be preferred. If in case even the date of birth is also the same then the candidate who passed 8th standard will be considered first.
Vacancy Details For Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020
Eastern Railways wishes to fill posts across 7 different divisions and workshops which are as follows:
For all other details please refer to the official notification issued: http://220.127.116.11:8080/rrcer/Notification%20-%20Act%20Apprentice%202019-20.pdf
SC: Scheduled Caste
ST: Scheduled Tribe
OBC: Other Backward Classes
EWS: Economically Weaker Section
PWBD: Persons With Benchmark Disabilities
G & E: Gas & Electric