- COVID-19 vaccine registration will begin for those above 18 will start at 4 p.m. today.
- For those aged 18 and up, registration will begin on http://cowin.gov.in, Aarogya Setu App, and the UMANG App.
- For those aged 18 to 45, registration and an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine jab is mandatory.
Starting at 4 p.m. today, all people over the age of 18 will register for Covid-19 vaccine jabs as the government prepares to begin the third phase of the vaccination drive on May 1.
According to Aarogya Setu’s tweet, “Registration for 18 plus to begin on http://cowin.gov.in, Aarogya Setu App & UMANG App at 4 PM on 28th April.” The tweet further said, “Appointments at State Govt centers & Private centers depending on how many vaccination centers are ready on 1st May for Vaccination of 18 plus.”
Registration for 18 plus to begin on https://t.co/S3pUooMbXX, Aarogya Setu App & UMANG App at 4 PM on 28th April. Appointments at State Govt centers & Private centers depending on how many vaccination centers are ready on 1st May for Vaccination of 18 plus. #LargestVaccineDrive— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) April 28, 2021
The vaccine manufacturers will supply the central government with 50% of their monthly Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) issued doses in the third phase of the national vaccination campaign. They’d be able to sell the other half of the doses to state governments and on the open market.
Those that have been deemed eligible so far – frontline employees, health workers, and those over 45 – will continue to be vaccinated by the Centre.
The Serum Institute of India has set a price of 400 rupees per dose for states and 600 rupees per dose for private hospitals for Covishield vaccine, while Bharat Biotech has set a price of 600 rupees per dose for states and 1,200 rupees per dose for private hospitals for Covaxin. The Centre, on the other hand, has urged drug companies to lower their costs.
Apart from Covishield from the Serum Institute of India and Covaxin from Bharat Biotech, Russia’s Sputnik will be used soon, according to the government.
Registration will be done via the cowin.gov.in website and the Aarogya Setu mobile app, much like the first and second phases, but there will be no walk-in registration in this phase.
Here’s how to use the CoWIN portal to register for Covid-19 vaccination:
1. Go to the website www.cowin.gov.
2. Type in your mobile number.
3. Get an OTP to create your CoWIN account.
4. Click the “Verify” button after entering the OTP.
5. You will be redirected to the vaccine registration page. On this page, you will have the choice of selecting one photo ID proof.
6. Enter your name, age, gender, and upload a photo of your ID.
7. Select the “Register” button.
8. After you’ve completed the registration process, the system will display your “Account Details.”
9. By clicking on the “Add More” button, a person can add three more people to this mobile number.
10. A button labelled ‘Schedule appointment’ will be present. Now simply click on it.
11. Find a vaccination centre in your area by state, district, block, and pin code.
12. The date and availability will also be shown.
13. Select the ‘Book’ option.
14. You will receive a message once your booking has been completed successfully. The confirmation details have to be shown at the vaccination centre.
To register for Covid-19 vaccination via Aarogya Setu, follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘CoWIN’ tab on the Aarogya Setu app’s homepage.
2. You’ll find four choices under the CoWIN icon: Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, and Vaccination Dashboard.
3. Select the “Vaccination” tab on the app and then click “Register Now”.
4. Fill in your mobile number and then click “proceed to verify”.
5. Enter the OTP and then again select “proceed to verify”.
6. After you’ve verified your phone number, you’ll need to upload a photo ID card.
7. You must also need to fill in some additional information, such as your age, gender, and birth year.
8. The Aarogya Setu app allows you to enrol up to four beneficiaries.
9. You can search for vaccination locations by state, district, block, or pin code. The date, as well as the availability, will be shown. Choose the “book” option.
10. You will receive a text message with the appointment information once you have successfully registered.