- People can now check PF balance if they do not have their UAN
- People with the Universal Account Number can check their PF balance via SMS and Missed Call service
- EPFO has made adaptation in its system in a way that the subscribers can now check their PF or EPF balance without the UAN number
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation also known as the EPFO has been taking several steps forward in order to make the Provident Fund (PF) investments more transparent for the EPFO members.
In the last few years, the EPFO has made several adaptations to its system in a way wherein the EPFO subscribers have now the ability to check their PF or EPF balance without the UAN (Universal Account Number).
What an EPFO subscriber needs is just a login at the EPFO home page — epfindia.gov.in and then follow a few simple steps.
How to do PF balance check without Universal Account Number
As mentioned above, the PF or EPF account holder can simply login at the home page of the EPFO website and press the button which reads “click here to know your PF balance”. After you click, EPFO members will be redirected to a new page where they will have to fill the sought information.
Here is the step-by-step guide to find PF balance without the UAN:
- Log in at EPFO home page — epfindia.gov.in
- Press the click button at ‘click here to know your PF balance
- You will be redirected to a new page — epfoservices.in.epfo
- Enter your state, EPF office, establishment code, PF account number and other details
- Click at acknowledgement button and ‘I Agree’ option
- Your PF or EPF balance will get displayed on your computer monitor or cellphone monitor
How to check PF balance with UAN:
In case, the EPFO subscriber has access to his/ her UAN, then the member can simply check their PF balance via SMS or Missed Call service.
- PF balance check via SMS can be done by sending an SMS to 7738299899 from one’s registered mobile number. The SMS format is ‘EPFOHO UAN.’ The EPFO will reply to the SMS with the PF balance of the sender
- An EPFO subscriber can also get its PF or EPF balance by a simple missed call at 011-22901406 from his/ her registered mobile number