The successor of Apple iPhone SE, iPhone SE 2 or also known as iPhone 9 may hit the Indian stores sooner than expected, given the Coronavirus outbreak.
It is reported that Apple will be hosting an event on the 31st of March where the tech giant may launch the successor of much loved iPhone SE. According to a report shared by the German site iphone-ticker.de, Apple may host an event by the end of March, and it is likely it will be held on the 31st of March.
Having said this, there has been no official statement from Apple about the event of the launch of iPhone SE 2, however, the date is plausible as the iPhone SE was officially released on the 31st March 2016.
The report shared by the German site also claimed that after the launch of iPhone SE 2 on the 31st March 2020, it will be available to be purchased from the 3rd April. The point remains that even if the launch date is true, we do not know it that is for US and Europe or the Global release date.
The second edition of the affordable iPhone is likely to be priced at $ 399 or around Rs. 29,000.
Rumoured Specifications of iPhone SE 2
- It is being said that Apple iPhone SE 2 will be powered by the same Apple A13 Bionic chip which the company currently uses in its flagship iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro.
- Talking about the storage, the SE 2 will come with 64 GB internal storage and 3 GB RAM. The phone will also house a 4.7-inch display.
- Talking about the camera it will be given a 12 MP back camera and a 7 MP front camera. The phone will also house a 1960 mAh battery.
- The rumours also say that the phone will come with Apple’s trademark Touch ID sensor button in the front.
- Apple iPhone SE 2 or iPhone 9 is rumoured to come in 3 colour options – Black, Red, and White.
Apart from iPhone SE 2, Apple is also rumoured to launch the new iPad Pro which, according to reports, will feature a triple lens rear camera setup with support of 3D sensing AR (Augmented Reality).
Apple can also launch a newer version of MacBook Air and/or MacBook Pro. As per the reports which surfaced earlier, it was speculated that Apple will incorporate its latest tech upgrade as all new scissor switch keyboard.
Also, remember the AirPower which was announced alongside iPhone X in September 2017? Well, it was cancelled due to “quality concerns” by the company, it may be launched this year and will have the capability to charge Apple iPhone, Airpods and the Apple Watch all at once.