One of India’s largest lender, ICICI Bank, today announced that it is making its banking services available on WhatsApp so its retail customers can undertake a slew of banking needs right from their home at the time when the whole nation is under a lockdown owing to Coronavirus.
The bank’s customers will be able to check their savings account’s balance, last 3 transactions, the limit of the Credit Card, block or unblock their Debit and Credit cards, and also get details on the pre-approved instant loan offers through ICICI WhatsApp banking service.
The WhatsApp banking service will also provide details of the 3 ICICI Bank branches and ATMs closest to them.
ICICI Bank Limited’s Executive Director Anup Bagchi said, “It has always been our endeavor to offer improved convenience to our customers. Recently, we had rolled out ‘ICICIStack’. Now, we have introduced this service on WhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the world”. He added, “Our retail customers can execute a host of their banking requirements on their own, without visiting a branch. The services are instantaneous and secure. With the growing prominence of social media in every-day life, we believe that this would add immense convenience to our customers, as it allows them to the bank while they are on social media,”.
With #ICICIBankWhatsAppBanking, you can now avail a host of banking services with just a few clicks, from the comfort of your home. Here’s how you can get started: https://t.co/mVY6reItJD pic.twitter.com/fC7zEKf6pR— ICICI Bank (@ICICIBank) March 30, 2020
Any savings account holder in ICICI Bank who uses WhatsApp will be able to access the new service offered by ICICI Bank. Having said this, the people who are not a customer of the bank can also use this service to know the location of the Bank’s branches and ATMs close to them. Let us see how you can use ICICI WhatsApp Banking Services
- Save “9324943001” on your phone in contacts
- From the registered mobile number, send “Hi” on WhatsApp to the above number
- A keyword will fetch the details for you, the keywords range from “Balance” to “Block” and “CC Limit” to “Transaction”
- Once a user send a keyword, he/ she gets the reply instantly
Let us take a look at the list of services one can avail on WhatsApp and how they can be availed
- Check Account Balance: Type keywords like “Balance”, “Bal”, “Ac Bal” among others
- Last 3 Transactions: Use Keywords like “Balance”, “Bal”, “Ac Bal” among others
- Block/ Unblock Credit or Debit Card: type keywords like “Block”, “Lost My Card” and to unblock type “Unblock”
- Get Outstanding Balance And Limit On Credit Card: Use keywords like “Limit”, “CC Limit”, “CC Balance” among others
- Nearest ATM and Branch: type “ATM”, “Branch” among others
- Details On Available Pre-Approved Instant Loans: type “Loan”, “Home Loan”, “Personal Loan”, “Instant Loan” amongst others
- Know Offers Available On Travel, Shopping, Dining: Type Keywords “Offer”, “Discount” among others