Vande Bharat Train will ease travel to Katra for Maa Vaishno Devi devotees, the Indian Railways said. The minimum fare of Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express is Rs. 1,630.
NEW DELHI: Vande Bharat Express on Delhi-Katra route was flagged off today by Home Minister Amit Shah who called it a “big gift” for Jammu and Kashmir’s development and for promoting religious tourism. “I’m proud that this made-in-India train is being flagged-off from here today. The railway is working towards achieving its targets keeping in mind principles of speed, scale and service,” the Home Minister said after showing green flag to the train at New Delhi railway station. The Vande Bharat train will ease travel to Katra for Vaishno Devi devotees, the Indian Railways said. The train will start its commercial run from October 5 and will bring down the travel time between Delhi and Katra to eight hours from the current 12 hours.
Know All About Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Train:
- The semi-high speed Train 18, which was rechristened as Vande Bharat Express, is country’s second such train. The first Vande Bharat Express on Delhi- Varanasi route began operations in February this year.
- The indigenously developed Vande Bharat train can run up to a maximum speed of 160 kmph, making it India’s fastest train. However, officials say this train will be running at 130 kmph due to track limitations on the route.
- The Vande Bharat train number 22439 will begin operations from Delhi at 6 am and reach Katra in 8 hours at 2 pm. From Katra, the train will start its journey at 3 pm and reach Delhi at 11 pm.
- The train will stop at Ambala Cantonment, Ludhiana and Jammu Tawi for two minutes each.
- The minimum fare of Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express is Rs. 1,630 and the maximum fare is Rs. 3,014.
- The Vande Bharat train has revolving seats that can be turned around to 180 degrees. It has 16 coaches, of which 14 are chair cars and two are of executive class. Each chair car coach has 78 chairs. The train can carry 1,100 passengers.
- The train will run throughout the week except Tuesday. Vande Bharat Express has two Executive AC Chair Car and 12 chair car coaches which have sensor doors.
- Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express offers plush interiors and is equipped with wi-fi, bio vaccum toilets, GPS-based infotainment system, CCTV surveillance, among other features. The train has continuous windows and the glasses have been provided with anti-spall films.
- Other features of the Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express include plastic bottle crusher machines, phone handsets for direct communication between train pilots and guard, a spacious pantry with ROs, one deep freezer for storing ice cream and welcome drinks, three hot cases and two bottle coolers have also been installed.
- Roller blind sun screen has been provided on the look-out glass to protect the train pilots from glare and improved insulation has been provided to reduce noise level in the driver’s cab.