Indian Government Accepts Request For CBI Probe In Sushant Singh’s Death Case

Request For CBI Probe Accepted In Sushant Singh’s Death Case

Highlights:

  • Bihar government requested the CBI probe in Sushant’s death case on his father’s request
  • The Centre has accepted the request made by Sushant’s father and Bihar government
  • The same has been informed to the Supreme Court of India

The Central Government has accepted the request made by the Bihar Government to order a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, the second-most senior law officer of Centre, Tushar Mehta told the Supreme Court of India, on Wednesday.

The Solicitor General Tushar Mehta submitted during the hearing plea by Sushant Singh Rajput’s ex-girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty who sought the case registered in Bihar’s capital, Patna, to be transferred to Maharashtra’s capital, Mumbai.

Tushar Mehta said, “Union of India has in principle accepted the request by Bihar to have a CBI probe. Notification regarding the same will be issued by end of day today,” on Wednesday.

The Supreme Court of India has asked the parties involved in the case to file their responses within 3 days. Additionally, ordering that the Maharashtra Government should apprise the court of the stage of the investigations that has been done by the Mumbai Police in the case of Sushant’s death.

The case will now be heard next week.

K K Singh, Sushant’s father, had filed a police complaint against Rhea Chakraborty in Patna accusing her of abetting his son’s alleged suicide on 14th of June. Mr Singh also alleged that the actress illegally transferred Rs. 15 crore from Sushant’s bank account and mentally harassed him.

Chakraborty has challenged Bihar police’s jurisdiction in this matter, claiming that the alleged crime took place in Mumbai and is already being investigated by the Mumbai Police.

Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar had earlier called that the CBI take over the case on Tuesday. CM Kumar said that the decision was taken after Rajput’s father who met the Director General of Police (DGP) of Bihar Gupteshwar Pandey.

Nitish Kumar, on Tuesday, said, “The DGP spoke to Sushant Singh Rajput’s father this morning and he gave consent for CBI inquiry. So now, we are recommending CBI probe in the matter,”.

Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray along with the Homes Minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh both had ruled out a CBI probe.

Sushant’s father also met CM Kumar seeking a CBI probe in the case of his son’s death. The actor’s father, according to a report, said, “On Monday he had filed a complaint with Mumbai Police in February claiming Rajput’s life was in danger. The revelation came as Singh filed an FIR with Patna police, alleging Mumbai police of inaction even after 40 days of the actor’s sudden death.”

On the 14th of June, Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his Mumbai house in Bandra. The Mumbai Police Department, which is investigating the case along with a parallel investigation by Patna Police, said he died by suicide.

Avatar

Shivani Singh

Shivani has been an avid reader of newspapers since her childhood and likes to know what is happening around the world. Her love for news and bringing forth the absolute is what drove her writing for the people. She has worked in the industry for over 4 years and believes that people’s basic rights should always be honoured. Apart from reading, she is a foodie and loves to try her hands-on cooking different cuisines.

Read Previous

After 29 Years PM Modi Returns To Ayodhya For Ram Mandir Ceremony

Read Next

After GC Murmu’s Resignation As J&K Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha Takes Charge Of Office

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *