NEW DELHI : Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is planning to introduce a host of new services for its upcoming Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. The new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be the first train of Indian Railways that will be fully run by its subsidiary IRCTC. While the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will start its operation from October 4, the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express is expected to begin its journey from December. The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas fares will be dynamic — it will be decided based on peak or lean season, festival season or according to the demand, according to the media reports. The train will also have group ticket booking facility on first-cum- first-serve basis.
Here are some of the new features of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express
1) Among other new services, passengers travelling on Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will get a free travel insurance of ₹25 lakh each, PTI reported.
2) IRCTC plans to offer exclusive luggage pick and drop services to the passengers of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. “IRCTC is planning a scheme whereby it will ferry the luggage of passengers from their homes to their seats and from the seat to their destination on a payment basis. For this, discussions are underway with service providers. This is to ensure that passengers can travel without being concerned about their luggage. All the luggage will be insured,” the document said.
3) Passengers of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be allowed to use executive lounge of the New Delhi railway station. The facility of using retiring rooms at Lucknow junction station will also be provided.
4) No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. Children above the age of 5 will be charged full fare in the train.
5) However, the facility of booking tickets on Tatkal quota will not be available for Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express.
6) Unlike the 120 day advance booking allowed across the railway network, new Tejas Express will allow such booking 60 days prior to the day of journey.
7) Just like flight, meals will be served by on-board service staff by trolleys. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers.
9) Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will run six days a week, except Tuesdays. The train is likely to depart from Delhi at 4:30 pm and reach Lucknow at 10:45 pm and on its return journey.
10) Passengers can book the tickets of chair car on first-cum-first-serve basis. For group bookings 78 seats in one AC chair car will be available. One has to book tickets via online at least three days in advance from date of journey.