- Last date to file Income Tax Returns stands 31st March 2021
- You can file your ITR online, here is how
- If you miss the last date for ITR filing, then a late fee may be levied as per the Income Tax Act
The Income Tax Department has asked the assesses “Do Not Ignore This”’ If you miss the last date for filing the ITR, then a late fee may be levied as per the Income Tax Act.
With the end of the financial year (2020-21) just around the corner, certain financial tasks are needed to be completed before the deadline of March 31 to avoid paying a penalty.
A person can file their Income Tax Returns through the official website: incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and all the taxpayers can also call on 18001030025 in case they have any query or if they face problems while filing their return.
How To File ITR Online?
If one wishes to file their Income Tax Returns online, all that needs to be done is visit the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- If you are an already registered user, you need to log in with your credentials.
- If you are new to ITR filing online, you need to register yourself. First, go to ‘New To e-Filing’ section on the Income Tax India website. You need to click on ‘Register Yourself’.
- You need to select the ‘user type’ in which you will get options such as ‘Individual’, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), Other than Individual/HUF, External agency, chartered accountants, tax deductor and collector, and third party software utility developer.
- After selecting you need to click on continue.
- After that, you need to enter basic details, fill registration form, do registration verification, and finally check whether the registration is successful or not.
How To File Revised ITR
The Indian taxpayers who have not filed their ITR for the Financial Year 2019-20, yet, can also do it by the 31st of March 2021 along with the late fees which has been stated by the Income Tax Department.
The Narendra Modi-led Indian Government has given time until March 31, 2021, for the filing of the revised or delayed income tax return for the Financial Year 2019-20. If any person had missed the earlier deadline, they must file the revised ITR by the 31st of March.
Filing later could lead to a late fee of up to Rs 10,000.
However, you have to pay a late fee of Rs 1,000 only if your income is up to Rs 5 lakh.