- High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) and Colour coded stickers mandatory on all vehicles in Delhi
- Delhi has around 30 lakh vehicles which include 16 lakh two-wheelers, 12 lakh four-wheelers and 2 lakh commercial vehicles
- Check how to apply for HSNP and all the documents required
Recently, the Delhi Transport Department issued a notice making it mandatory for all vehicle owners in the national capital to install the High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) and colour-coded stickers on their vehicles which were sold before April 2019.
The transport department added that violators in Delhi could see a fine of up to ₹ 10,000 which is compoundable to ₹ 5,500 under the amended Motor Vehicle Act.
On Tuesday, the Delhi Transport Department issue 239 challans to the vehicle owners for the violation of HSRP and colour-coded sticker under the “limited” enforcement drive. It added that the department will soon begin with its major enforcement drive and deploy 50 teams.
In Delhi there are close to 30 lakh vehicles which include 16 lakh two-wheelers, 12 lakh four-wheelers and 2 lakh commercial vehicles and are now have to get the HSRPs affixed.
If your vehicles does not have an HSRP or the colour-coded sticker, here is how you can apply for it online and the documents that will be required:
HSRP plates: Documents Required
While applying for the HSRP the user will not be asked to upload any documents, however, will be asked to fill details including Date of Registration of the vehicle, last 5 digits of the Chasis and Engine number, vehicle’s registration’s number other few other personal details.
However, once the payment has been done online, you will be asked to produce a copy of the receipt and the Registration Certificate (RC) when you will get the HSRP affixed.
How To Apply For HSRP Online:
- Visit the official website: https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx
- Choose the Vehicle type: Two Wheeler, Three Wheeler, Four Wheeler, Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) or Other Commerical Vehicles
- Select the state you want to get the HSRP and colour coded sticker in: Delhi or Uttar Pradesh
- Next you will select the type of registration: Personal use (white Number Plate) or commercial use (Yellow Number Plate)
- Next you will have to select the fuel type: Petrol, Diesel, CNG/LPG + Petrol, CNG, or Electric
- Now you will have to fill in details such as Vehicle’s Registration Number, Last 5 digits of Chassis and Engine Number, Owner Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle Class, Vehicle Type, and Fuel type.
- Now you will have the option to choose to either get it delivered the HSRP to your address or get it delivered at a dealer. Getting it delivered at your address will cost additional money.
- If you select the dealer option, you will be asked to select a dealer from the list and then asked to choose the date and time slot.
- After choosing the date and time slot, you will have to pay the fees online via Net Banking, Bank Cards (Debit/ Credit card), Wallet, UPI and other option.
Why is the HSRP important?
A High Security Registration Plate is a chromium-based hologram which is applied by hot stamping on the number plates and is affixed at both the front and back of the vehicle besides laser-branding of a permanent identification number.
HSRPs come equipped with some security features and cannot be counterfeited. The plates are fastened with the help of non-removable snap locking fitting system, they are also non-reusable so if someone breaks it off, they will not be able to fit the number plate on other vehicles.
Close to 300 dealerships of original equipment manufacturers have been brought on this online platform of HSRP suppliers and this will offer the vehicle owners the adequate options for HSRP and sticker affixation.