- Suryoday Small Finance Bank launches new Health and Wellness account
- Existing savings account holders of the bank will be allowed to upgrade to the new savings account
The Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB) has launched a “Suryoday Health and Wellness Savings Account” aiming to help its customers grow their wealth in addition to taking care of their family’s health amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Health and Wellness Savings account will offer an attractive interest rate and will also offer 3 major benefits for a family of 4 which are:
- Top-up health insurance of ₹ 25 lakh
- Annual healthcare package
- On-call emergency ambulance medical care services.
The top-up health insurance and the healthcare package comes with no added cost for one year after the opening of the account. Free ambulance service up to a distance of 20 km will also be available at 102 locations across the country until the end of March next year, i.e. 2022.
If someone wants to open this savings account, he/ she will need to maintain an average monthly balance of ₹ 3 lakh and also have to be eligible as per the key health declaration form.
Let us see the key benefits of the Health and Wellness Savings Account:
- Complimentary top-up health insurance plan of ₹ 25 lakh with a deductible amount of ₹ 5 lakh
- The top-up health insurance plan covers self and family (self, spouse, and up to 2 children) for hospitalisation/medical emergencies
- Complementary health care package for up to four members, including free online doctor consultations, free health check-ups, online pharmacy vouchers, network discount card.
- Complementary ambulance services for family in case of any unfortunate medical emergency.
- Attractive rate of interest on health and wellness savings account with interest payable monthly.
Some other features and offerings of the new savings account include a “Platinum” RuPay Secure Chip Debit Card variant, a daily ATM withdrawal limit of ₹ 1.50 lakh, a daily PoS (Point os Sale) usage limit (value of the transaction) of ₹ 3 lakh.
Existing savings account customers can also upgrade to the health and wellness savings account.
The interest offered on this savings account will depend on the balance in the account, however, as of now, Suryoday Bank offers 4% interest on balances up to ₹ 1 lakh, 6.25% on balances above ₹ 1 lakh but up to ₹ 10 lakh, and 6 % on balances above ₹ 10 lakh.
The bank has come into a strategic partnership with Manipal Cigna Health Insurance for offering the top-up health insurance, with vHealth by Aetna for providing an annual healthcare package and with Ziqitza Health Care for providing ambulance on-call services to the account holders.