- Witness in Aryan Khan drugs case claims payoff
- Zonal Director at NCB, Sameer Wankhede, has been alleged of a payoff
- Wankhede has written to the Chief of Mumbai Police complaining about “precipitate legal action” to “frame” him
A witness in the cruise ship drug case with the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) – in which Shah Rukh Khan’s son, Aryan Khan, has been arrested – has made huge claims including the payoff to the Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede.
However, NCB’s Zonal Director, Sameer Wankheded has told the Mumbai Police that he is being framed.
Here are 12 Points on the story:
- Prabhakar Sail, who claims to be the personal bodyguard to KP Gosavi, in an affidavit, has claimed that he heard a conversation between him and one Sam D’Souza on the 3rd of October 2021 about a deal worth ₹ 18 crore.
- KP Gosavi, the alleged Private Investigator (PI) who has now gone missing, said that they will have to give ₹ 8 crore to NCB’s Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede.
- The same evening, KP Gosavi, Sam D’Souza along with Pooja Dadlani, megastar Shah Rukh Khan’s manager had a 15-minute meeting inside a car, read the affidavit from Prabhakar Sail.
- Prabhakar Sail is one of the 9 witnesses which the NCB had named in this infamous drug case.
- Sail also said that following KP Gosavi’s instruction, he received 2 bags full of cash and handed them to Sam D’Souza. He said that those 2 bags contained ₹ 38 lakh in cash.
- In the affidavit, Prabhakar Sail also said he was present at the cruise ship’s boarding area and was asked to identify some of the people who were boarding. After the anti-drugs agency took them to its office, he was made to sign some blank papers.
- On Monday, a lawyer, Jayant Vashishth, approached the Mumbai Police seeking an FIR to be filed over the allegation that there was an attempt to kidnap SRK’s son, Aryan Khan, by GP Gosavi after the cruise ship raid on 2nd October 2021.
- Sanjay Raut, Senior Leader, Shiv Sena, asked the police to “take cognizance” of Sail’s affidavit. He added that the remarks from Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, that the case was meant to malign the Maharashtra government, appears to be coming true.
- Mr Raut also tweeted a new video, apparently from inside the NCB office, where KP Gosavi and Aryan Khan are seen sitting together. Aryan Khan is seen speaking into a phone held by Gosavi.
Witnes in #AryanKhan case made to sign on blank paper by NCB is shocking. Also thr r reports that thr ws demnd of huge money .CM UddhavThackeray said tht ths cases r made 2 defame Mah'shtra.Ths seems 2b comng tru @Dwalsepatil
Police shd tk suo moto cognizance@CMOMaharashtra pic.twitter.com/zipBcZiRSm— Sanjay Raut (@rautsanjay61) October 24, 2021
- Sameer Wankhede, Zonal Director at NCB has now written to the Chief of the Mumbai Police complaining about the “precipitate legal action” to “frame” him. The letter to the Mumbai Police chief added, “It has also brought to your notice that threats of jail and dismissal have been issued against the undersigned on public media by highly respectable public functionaries”.
- The reference is seen as being to Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik, who has spoken of the officer losing his job. “They (BJP) have a puppet – Wankhede. He raises bogus cases against people. I challenge that Wankhede that he’ll lose his job within a year… We have evidence of bogus cases,” Nawab Malik was quoted saying by the news agency ANI.
- The sources of NCB said that Prabhakar Sail’s allegations were made “just to malign the (agency’s) image”.
- In a statement, the agency said that Prabhakar Sail being a witness in a case that is sub judice, has to “submit his prayer to the Honourable court rather than through social media”. His affidavit has been forwarded to the DirectorGeneral of Narcotics Control Bureau “for further necessary action”.
- KP Gosavi, allegedly a private investigator, was present during the cruise ship raid and later at the NCB office with Aryan Khan. His selfie with Aryan Khan had gone viral. While the NCB claimed he is an independent witness, his presence at the two places has raised questions about the investigation.
Aryan Khan is yet to receive bail in the case. Also, no drugs were found on him. The agency has told the court that his WhatsApp chats indicate that he was in touch with an international cartel carrying on the drugs trade.