- People who want to travel outside their districts in Maharashtra are required to get an e-pass.
- Maharashtra has extended the ongoing lockdown till June 15th due to current active Covid-19 cases.
- This rule does not apply to those who work in emergency services.
The Maharashtra government has decided to extend the restrictions till June 15, with several exemptions, such as inter-district travel. Those who need to travel within the state during the specified time period will now need an e-pass.
Who needs to apply for a travel e-pass?
Those wishing to go outside of their districts must obtain an e-pass. Citizens of Maharashtra can currently only travel outside their districts for limited emergency reasons, such as urgent medical emergencies, death, marriage, and so on.
In Maharashtra, here’s how to apply for an e-pass
- Visit the official e-pass website
- To apply for a pass, go to the ‘apply for a pass here’ tab.
- Select the district you want to visit on the next page.
- Submit all required documents.
- Mention the reason behind your extreme emergency travel.
- While uploading, combine all essential documents into a single file.
- You will receive a token ID after submitting the application. Save it and check the status of your application with it.
- You can use the token ID to download the e-pass after it has been verified and approved by the relevant departments.
- Your identity, vehicle number, validity, and a QR code will all be included on the e-pass.
Carry a soft/hard copy with you while traveling and display it to the police if questioned.
Your details, vehicle number, validity period, and QR code will all be included on the e-pass. When travelling, have a soft or hard copy with you and show it to the police if questioned.
You can apply for an E-Pass by visiting https://t.co/jR6ROcjBYm for travelling within or outside Maharshtra in case of emergency. Please follow the given steps.— Maharashtra Police (@DGPMaharashtra) May 13, 2020
Passes will be issued only in cases of extreme emergencies. pic.twitter.com/AAgm2A4jFh
What documents are needed to submit applications?
- A valid proof of identity
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Wedding invitations or other marriage-related documents
- Medical reports for people travelling for medical emergencies or death certificates in the case of death.
- Documents for other emergency needs are also necessary.
On Tuesday, Maharashtra’s state health department reported 14,123 new coronavirus cases and 477 new deaths. The state’s caseload jumped to 57,61,015 with the inclusion of 14,123 Covid-19 cases, while the death count grew to 96,198. There are currently 2,30,681 active Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra.