- Case filed against Rhea Chakraborty in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case
- The case was filed by Sushant Singh Rajput’s father
- Rhea allegedly is accused of abetment to suicide and financial wrongdoings
Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s father has filed a formal police complaint against actor’s ex-girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty who is also an actor, after more than a month when he was found dead in his Mumbai apartment.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s family, who live in Patna, has accused Rhea Chakraborty of abetment to suicide, alleging that she cheated Sushant financially and even harassed him mentally.
The First Information Report or FIR also name 6 others including Rhea’s family members. A 4-member police team of Patna Police has already left for Mumbai to probe the case further.
Since Sushant’s death, this is the first time his family has gone vocal with their accusations and according to the sources close to the family, they deliberated whether to wait for for the investigation by Mumbai Police.
The police said that the 34 year old actor committed suicide last month, reigniting a huge debate about mental health.
Earlier this month, actor Rhea Chakraborty had asked for a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death while tagging the Union Home Minister in the post on her social media handle.
Rhea Chakraborty had also disclosed that she has been receiving murder and rape threats on social media over the death of Sushant Singh Rajput said she “only wanted to understand what prompted him to take the step”.
In a long post before that, the 28 year old actress opened up about the bond she had with Sushant saying, “Still struggling to face my emotions… an irreparable numbness in my heart… You are the one who made me believe in love.”
Sushant Singh Rajput was widely acclaimed as a promising young talent in Bollywood but was found dead on the 14th of June in his Mumbai apartment.
The Uddhav Thackeray led Maharashtra Government has ordered an investigation into the allegations of professional rivalry along with his clinical depression.
Close to 40 people have been called in by the Mumbai Police to record statements in the case which include director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Producer Aditya Chopra, Director Mukesh Chhabra, Director Shekhar Kapoor and movie critic Rajeeb Masand among many others. It is being said that even owner of Dharma Productions, Karan Johan could be called in to record his statement.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s death has also made spikes in the political circles as the Chief of Lok Janshakti Party, Chirag Paswan wrote to Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray, saying, On behalf of every Bihari, I urge you to conduct a fair inquiry into the matter so that no talented person is victimised in future due to factionalism and nepotism in Bollywood.”
On Monday, the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Parth Pawar, son of Ajit Pawar, wrote of the Home Minister of state demanding a CBI probe.
In the year 2013 Sushant Singh Rajput made his Bollywood debut with the movie Kai Po Che!. He was also starred in the 2015 movie Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! For which he was much praised.
He also starred in other movies including, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, Chhichhore and Sonchiriya.
His death has led to an overflow of tribute and recriminations on social media pertaining to the Hindi movie industry which has already been witnessing widespread allegations of nepotism and gangs.
Sushant Singh Rajput was last seen in the movie “Dil Bechara” which was released on Disnet+ Hotstar and has received huge praise from critics and audiences. The movie is free to watch which means even if you do not have a subscription to Disney+ Hotstar you can still watch this movie.