- State Bank of India suggests 8 ways one can create a strong password, almost unbreakable
- Hackers, in this digital day and age, are always on the lookout to access sensitive data of people
- SBI shared a video suggesting ways one can create a strong password, watch it here
We are in the Digital Age and the digital technology comes with a lot of upside but not without its own downside. Hackers all around the globe are always on the lookout for the latest way to get access to sensitive data, including your email, bank account.
In the recent time, password hacking has become insanely popular. So how can you fight against these hackers? What should you do to prevent being a victim of online fraud?
Right off the bat you should do few things, like changing your password frequently, create a strong unbreakable password.
In a tweet, India’s biggest lender wrote, “A strong password ensures higher levels of security. Here are 8 ways in which you can create an unbreakable password and protect yourself from cybercrime,”.
State Bank of India (SBI) has shared a nearly 2-minute long video suggesting ways to keep a strong password.
Let us take a look at the 8 ways in which you can create an unbreakable password
- Use a combination of both uppercase and lowercase letters. e.g. aBjsE7uG
- Use both numbers and symbols, e.g. AbjsE7uG61!@
- Use a minimum of 8 characters to ensure adequate security. e.g. aBjsE7uG
- Do not use any common dictionary words. e.g. itislocked or thisismypassword
- Do not use memorable keyboard paths like “qwerty” or “asdfg”. Instead, play with your keyboard and add emoticons like “:)”, “:/”
- Do not keep obvious passwords like 12345678 or abcdefg.
- Do not use easy-to-guess substitutions like DOORBELL – DOOR8377.
- Keep your password long and do not connect it with your family/birth date etc. e.g. Ramesh@1967.
Also Read: Shashi Tharoor Cleared Of All Charges By Delhi Court In Sunanda Pushkar Death Case
Your password is like your signature and keeping it unique and strong keeps you safe.
A strong password ensures higher levels of security. Here are 8 ways in which you can create an unbreakable password and protect yourself from cybercrime. Stay alert & #SafeWithSBI! #CyberSafety #StrongPassword #OnlineSafety #CyberCrime #StaySafe pic.twitter.com/ScSI8H5ApF— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) August 18, 2021
The rule of thumb, while creating a password which is almost unbreakable, is that it should NOT include birthdays, wedding anniversaries which are easily accessible online. Additionally, one should also avoid keeping the names of their children or the pet in the password.