- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) released a notification stating contactless services of RTO
- Aadhar authentication services launched for Indian citizens
- People can avail 18 RTO services online
The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) released a notification in which it stated that Indian citizens can avail of contactless services via Aadhar authentication and has been launched.
As many as 18 services will be covered under this.
The introduction of contactless services will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, and in return help them to avail these services in a hassle free, contactless manner.
This will also reduce the footfall in the Regional Transport Office (RTO) office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well.
This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well.— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
Let us take a look at the 18 driving licence-related services which will need the Indian citizen to undergo Aadhaar authentication:
- Learner’s Licence
- Renewal of Driving Licence for which test of competence to drive is not required
- Duplicate Driving Licence
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration
- Issue of International Driving Permit
- Surrender of Class of Vehicle from Licence
- Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body
- Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
- Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration
- Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
- Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of the motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement
MoRTH said, “Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now, these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on a voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services”, via Twitter.