What Is Angel One?
Here in this article, you’ll know about Angelone account opening process, brokerage, and much other info but let’s start with the history of angel broking.
Incorporated in 1996, Angel One Limited, previously known as Angel Broking Limited is an Indian stockbroker firm that envisions providing error-free and comprehensive data for online share traders. Its autonomous web database encompasses the Indian online brokerage industry. Spearheading the retail broking industry for over two decades, Angel One has always leveraged technology and integrated it with its prowess in the broking domain to cater to an ever-expanding clientele.
Angel Broking is a member of the BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange), NSE (National Stock Exchange of India), NCDE (National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange), and MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange of India). This retail broking firm is a registered depository participant with the CDSL (Central Depository Services Ltd.) and houses over 8500 sub-brokers and franchisee outlets panning over 900 cities in India.
The company has been witnessing an upsurge in a new era of young investors from its very outset. Consequently, they have comprehended their constantly evolving expectations that transcend stock trading and mutual fund investments and shifted focus towards rule-based investment trading. Transitioning into a state-of-the-art FinTech platform, this company aims to empower millennials to fulfil their financial dreams. The stockbroking house continues to onboard customers (including tier-2 and tier-3 cities) adding to its colossal client base and imparting cutting-edge solutions in the blink of an eye.
It’s no surprise, then, that the company is India’s largest listed retail brokerage firm in terms of active clients on the NSE as of December 31, 2021. The range of unequalled digital products offered by the company speaks volumes about its deep market penetration and is the sole reason for its popularity among millennials.
Products and Services Offered By Angel One Limited
Angel One offers an extensive range of products and services that have been met with great enthusiasm and millions of users are en route to a smarter, richer, and better tomorrow.
- Its AI-powered Angel BEE mutual fund app provides a platform for the distribution of third-party financial products viz. mutual funds and insurance along with aiding customers in finding reliable information with zero human intervention.
Its SmartAPI developed in-house enables algo traders to execute real-time trades leveraging 5 programming languages, including Python, Node.js, R, Java and Go.
- Angel Eye– Browser trading application
- Angel trade (for share investors) and Angel Swift (trading app for small devices) for a safe and seamless online share trading experience.
- Angel SpeedPro- a desktop application thatprovides users with an integrated single-window trading experience and trade monitoring capabilities.
- Smart Money- This is an educational platform that imparts structured lessons to educate investors and traders.
- SmartStore- Launched in June 2021, this Angel One platform serves as a marketplace for FinTech based products and services.
- Broking Services
- Investment Advisory
- Loan Against Shares
- Margin Trading Facility
- Intraday Trading Account
- Investor Education
- Distribution of Third-Party Financial Products
How To Open An Angel One Demat Account?
In the earlier days, the exchange of stocks and shares took place via physical receipts which were laborious and consumed a great deal of time. To tackle this problem of inefficiency, the process of dematerialisation (Demat) of shares was initiated in 1996. This leveraged the electronic trading platform that was gaining momentum in the West and Asian markets. Demat accounts helped investors to conveniently transact shares and stocks along with other products without the cumbersome paperwork.
Digitisation of the financial platform of investing and trading has necessitated the use of Demat accounts. These accounts hold certificates of shares, bonds, IPOs (Initial Public Offerings), ETFs (Exchange Traded funds), NDCs (Non-convertible Debentures), mutual funds, government securities, etc. facilitating systematic maintenance of investments allowing easy movement to buy and sell products. Thus, through they augment market transparency and better regulation. SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) mandates a Demat account for every shareholder who wishes to trade in shares and stocks.
Angel One Demat account offers the following facilities to investors:
- Transfer of Investments: All an investor needs to do is fill a DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip) with all the specifics to enjoy a seamless transfer of shares, investments, and security holdings.
- Dematerialisation and Rematerialisation: It facilitates the easy conversion of securities into different formats by instructing the depository participant. The process can be reversed allowing the investor to convert their electronic security holding to the physical form, via rematerialisation by filling an RRF (Remat Request Form).
- Loan Facility: The securities held in the account can be provided as collateral when applying for a loan from a bank or financial institution.
- Corporate Actions: These accounts help the investor to track and maintain his securities and are specifically essential to monitor the split of equity shares, and bonus concerns and stay up-to-date with any other actions taken by the companies for their shareholders.
- Freezing Your Angel Broking Demat Account: Investors are provided with the facility to freeze their accounts for a specific period suited to their requirements. Freezing occasionally is undertaken in case suspicious activities in the account are observed.
- Speed E-Facility: NSDL (National Depository of Securities Ltd.) has extended an electronic facility to its investors through which they can complete a transaction by submitting an e-slip which is then sent to their DP (Depository Participant).
Steps To Open An Angel Broking Trading Account:
Follow these simple steps to open your Demat account today.
- Fill out the Angel One lead form to open a Demat account.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Fill in relevant details like DOB, email address, PAN information, and bank account details.
- Complete KYC compliance with a DP (Depository Participant) of your choice.
- Details of your Demat account are sent to your registered email address.
Advantages Of Opening An Angel One Demat Account:
- Flexible brokerage based on investing profile –
- Zero Equity Delivery, no hidden charges,
- ₹20/Order for Intraday, F&O, Currency & Commodity trading
- ₹0 AMC charges for the first year
- ARQ: An algorithm-based investment engine that provides personalised investment advice after a thorough analysis of your risk preferences. It incorporates Machine Learning, cognitive algorithms, and Modern Portfolio Theory.
- Expert Research Advisory: their committed research team provides detailed research reports on technical, fundamental, derivatives, commodities, currency, stock market outlook, IPO views, and portfolio management.
- Simplified Trading Platform: access to a wide range of investment classes with their robust ARQ-powered platforms.
Angelone Brokerage & Other Charges
Angel Broking offers a 0 brokerage Demat account and levies a flat fee of Rs. 20/- per executed order across all segments independent of trade value. Angel One simplifies buying and selling on Intraday, F&O, Currencies & Commodities with its online trading software viz. Angel SpeedPro, Angel Broking Trade and Angel Broking Mobile App.
|Trading Account Opening Charges||NIL|
|Trading Account AMC Charges||NIL|
|Demat Account Opening Charges||NIL|
|Demat Account AMC Charges||Rs. 0 for the 1st year Rs. 20/month + taxes from 2nd year onwards A one-time charge of Rs. 50/- for POA KRA charges Rs. 36 + services taxes|
|Equity Delivery Charges||NIL|
|Brokerage||NIL for Demat account Flat Rs. 20 or 0.25% (whichever is lower) Per executed Order For Intraday, F&O, Commodities & Currencies|
What Types Of Trading You’ll Get In An Angelone Account?
- Equity Trading
It is mandatory to have an equity trading account to be able to trade. This account helps with buying and selling of shares of companies along with holding them in Demat format. For this type of Angel One account opening, you need to sign up for trading and Demat accounts which get linked afterwards to your savings bank account for transferring funds.
- Angel One’s swift account-opening process sets up your equity trading account in less than 5 minutes.
- Track the market on a customized single screen and stay updated on real-time rates.
- Flash news, intra-day and historical charts that help traders identify the right stocks and capitalize on current market trends.
- Expert advisory and portfolio management services.
- Dedicated authorised personnel for carrying out trades.
- Dual accessibility on desktop as well as a mobile app.
Open your Angel One trading account today with zero brokerage and free equity delivery.
- Currency Trading
This refers to forex accounts that hold deposits in multiple currencies for trading based on the movement of the foreign exchange market. Such accounts help in tapping the global markets for potentially significant returns. Trading in currencies involves a simultaneous buying of one and selling of another. Demat accounts are not required for currency trading given that there is no delivery of currency involved. Since most of the trades in this market are cash-settled, you only need to open a currency trading account.
- Low brokerage charges
- No middlemen, seamless transactions..
- High liquidity enables trades with full price discovery.
- Transactions costs as low as 0.07%.
- Nominal margins and high leverage allow traders to take higher calculated risks.
- Commodities Trading
A commodity trading account is essential to trade in futures and options of products like minerals (petroleum), agriculture (wheat, cotton, etc.) and precious metals (gold, silver, etc.). There are two derivatives – futures and options. Futures contracts give you the right to buy or sell a specific amount of a commodity at a predetermined future date. Options give you the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a specific commodity in the future at a predetermined price.
The derivatives are exchanged on commodity exchanges like MCX (Multi-Commodity Exchange) and NCDEX (National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange) and only brokers are allowed to trade on these exchanges. Hence, Angel One account opening becomes essential.
- Internationally recognized products and services.
- Upto 40 times leverage – Higher margin, better returns.
- Boasts over 1 million satisfied retail clients.
- Dedicated staff to provide robust support to clients through 12000 trading terminals.
- Nationwide network of 11000 sub-brokers.
- An undisputed leader in this space with a presence in over 900 cities.
- F&O Trading
Also known as a derivatives trading account, this involves buying or selling derivative products. The aim is to pay nominal margins to hedge portfolio risks and make significant gains from price volatility. Derivatives are so-called because their value is derived from underlying assets such as equity, bonds, currency, or commodities. You will need an F&O account to trade derivatives.
To trade in derivatives, you need to open an Angel One trading account. AngelOne is a trading and clearing member of the NSE f&o segment, and BSE derivatives segment.
- Access to trading from anywhere with Angel One’s Pan India presence.
- Regular updates on new schemes and offers.
- In-depth research based on your financial requirement helps you pick the right product.
- 24*7 customer support.
- Seamless trade transactions.
- Margin Trading Facility
An MTF allows an investor to purchase a stock for a fraction of the total transaction value. The broker contributes the remaining funds (such as Angel One). MTF can provide you with up to four times your purchasing power. MTF is a boon for the interested investor providing him with an increased capacity to trade, economic interest rates and a super convenient process.
When buying shares under Margin Trading Facility, it is mandatory to pledge those shares in order to continue holding the position. The process must be completed on the same day by 9:00 pm, failing which the shares will be squared off on T+7 day. It is essential to bear in mind that MTF is a kind of loan and an interest rate of 0.049% (18% per annum) is levied on the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to open an Angel One Demat account?
Ans 1. The following steps can be followed for Angelone account opening:
- Fill the Angel Broking lead form.
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the Date of Birth, PAN details, Email Address and Bank Account Details.
- Details of your Demat account will be sent to your registered email address.
Q2. What are the charges of account opening for Angel Broking?
Ans 2. Angel One offers charges account opening with ‘zero’ charges.
- Free Equity Delivery Trades
- Flat Rs. 20 or 0.25% (whichever is lower) Per executed Order For Intraday, F&O, Commodities & Currencies.
- ‘Zero’ AMC charges for the first year.
Q3. Can one open only a trading account with Angel One?
Ans3. It is possible to trade in options and futures only if you do not have a Demat account. In order to trade in equities, opening an Angel One trading account is mandatory. Documents needed to open this account are identity proof, address proof and PAN card.